Ductless Mini-Split AC Systems for Asheville, NC, and Surrounding Cities
Engineered to reduce your energy costs while improving your comfort, ductless HVAC systems offer you a cost-effective way to cool and heat your home in the Asheville, North Carolina, area. An increasingly popular alternative to standard forced-air systems, these energy-efficient products put you in control of your indoor environment, allowing you to enjoy the optimal level of comfort in every living space. Design flexibility, whisper-quiet operation, and easy installation are just some of the attributes that make ductless mini-split systems so appealing.
How the Technology Works
Most of the equipment in a mini-split AC system is housed in a single outdoor cabinet. Insulated conduit lines pump refrigerant from the outdoor unit to individual air handlers. Typically, the only physical alteration made to your home during installation is a small hole cut behind each air handler to accommodate the conduit. The air handlers themselves are sleek, compact units that can be mounted on your walls or ceilings. Each air handler has a thermostat and remote control, so you can personalize settings from the comfort of your bed or favorite easy chair.
In homes with traditional central HVAC systems, conditioned air is distributed through interconnected ductwork. Because ductless systems deliver air directly into living spaces, the energy loss that can come with ductwork is eliminated. Since as much as 30 percent of the air that moves through ductwork is often lost due to leaks, gaps, and loose connections, the savings ductless systems offer are substantial. Additional energy-saving features and functions include:
- Individual temperature controls with zoned systems. This means you won’t waste energy conditioning unoccupied rooms.
- Variable-speed operation which means the ductless AC uses less energy when cooling demands are low.
- Multiple fan speeds let you adjust operation quickly to meet your needs.
- Exceptionally high SEER ratings can cut your cooling costs by 30 percent or more.
Advantages of Going Ductless
Perfect for older homes, remodels, or room additions where installing ducts isn’t feasible, mini-split AC systems offer a wide array of comfort benefits for every application:
- Ductless systems operate so quietly that you’ll barely notice when it cycles on or off.
- Eliminating ducts is a great way to improve indoor air quality so that everyone can breathe easier.
- Ductless AC offers a safer alternative to window units that compromise home security.
Ductless Solutions from Gentry Heating, Inc.
Experience and technical know-how are critical when it comes to installing and servicing ductless systems. At Gentry Heating, Inc. our highly trained technicians understand the types of mini-split products that work best in the Asheville, NC region. Whether you’re searching for an AC solution for a historic home or a too-warm area like a sunroom, we’ll help you choose the ideal option from our broad selection of ductless systems. To learn more or schedule a consultation, call us today at 828-581-4045.
24/7 Emergency Service Available